Welcome to Govt College Library Chamba. Our library is a knowledge based pool of rich reading material. We have a rich collection of 20785 books on different subjects. on the courses offered by the college i.e. under graduation classes in Arts, Commerce, Post Graduation in Economics and different library for Professional Courses in BBA and BCA, which is being updated on regular intervals. It is our constant enterprise to deliver the best of current knowledge and information. We subscribe to a number of Hindi and English dailies. General magazines and journals also form a valuable part of our collection. Beside this it also has a Book Bank through which books are allotted to the students related to IRDP families. 3826 books are available in this Book Bank. Students are encouraged to avail library facility during working hours on all working days.
We are using SOUL Software version 2.0 LE for computerization and in-house operations of the library as well as for providing various library services such as Online Public Access Catalogue ( OPAC) (in the college campus), Circulation etc.
For Library Automation at present we are two computer systems connected through local area network..
Efforts are on to enlist our library to N-LIST National Library and Information Services Infrastructure for Scholarly Content. It will opens the doors for the online access to e resources. It has been subscribed to as many as 11 newspapers, numerous magazines and 3 journals.
1. Students of all classes can get books from college library.
2. Failure to return the book/books on the 16th day from the last date of issue will entail a fine of Rs. 1.00 per book per day.
3. A book after it is issued to a student, if gets damaged or is lost, the borrower (student) will be required to pay for the damage or loss.
4. Request for the issue of reference books and current periodicals should not be made as these are not issued. However they may be read and consulted in the library.
5. College identity cum library card is invariably to be carried while visiting the library. This card should be kept carefully.
6. Loss of books should immediately be reported to the librarian in writing.
7. Students are advised to deposit their own books etc. with the library attendant before they approach the librarian for reading.
8. Library is a sacred place. The college expects its students to observe silence and necessary discipline while they are in the library.