BCA – Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) is three years under graduate course spread over six semesters under self financing scheme.
Duration : 3 Years (Six Semesters)
Number of Total Seats : 40
Subsidized Seats : 30
Non – subsidized seats : 10
Pass percentage of marks : The pass marks in each paper shall be 40%
The college takes the services of guest lecturers to teach the BCA students. However, the regular staff of the college is also deputed, as and when required, to provide its valuable services. The eminent academicians in the field of computer science are also invited for seminars and workshops
Candidates who have passed 10+2 examination from H. P. Board/CBSE/ICSE or any other examination considered equivalent to 10+2, by the Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla – 05, with 40% Marks (35% marks for SC/ST category), shall be eligible.
Maximum age limit for admission o BCA course is 21 years for general category, 24 years for SC/ST category and 23 years for girl’s candidates, as on the 1st July of the year concerned. The Vice Chancellor may permit age relaxation up to maximum of three months.
- 75% seats will be filled out of the candidates, who have passed their 10+2 examination from the school situated in Himachal Pradesh irrespective of the Board.
- 25% seats will be filled on all India bases.
- 15% seats are reserved for SC and 7.5% seats are reserved for ST categories. Other reservation rules of HPU University shall be applicable.
Syllabus for Enterance Test:
The entrance test will consist of objective type questions (Multiple choice type questions). The candidates are required to tick mark any one of the given options/ answers. The syllabus will consist of Mathematics, Logical, Ability, and English & General Awareness. The questions will be set from these fields with following weight-age given to each field:
- Mathematics: 30%
- Logical Ability: 30%
- English & General Awareness: 40%
- College will be charge fee for academic year for full twelve months in two installments. The fee is to be deposited by the candidate at the time of admission failing which seat will be allotted to the next candidate in the merit list.
- Refund of security is permitted after 3 year after the completion of the course failing which security will stand forfeited. After lapse of 1 year of leaving the course of stipulated period of 3 year
- All students are expected to attend their classes regularly and punctually. In case the candidate is unable to attend the class he/she may apply leave on the proper application form.
- Before proceeding on leave. It must be got sanctioned from appropriate authority and submitted to the office.
- In case of illness the leave application must be supported by medical certificate from Govt. hospital indicating the period advised for rest.
- Leave up to two days will be sanctioned by tutor, up to 7 days by coordinator and more than 7 days only by the Director/Principal, on the recommendation of the tutor or coordinator.
Every student will be issued an identity card and will wear the card all the time while on the campus. The college authorities may ask the candidate to produce the same at any time.
- Absences fine per period is Rs.10/-
- Library fine is Rs. 10 per day per book.
- Absences fine from house test is Rs. 100 per paper. Besides this qualifying of house test with 20% claim or request in this regard will be accepted as per Lyngdoh committee recommendations constituted by Honorable Supreme Court of India.
- Fine for not wearing dress is Rs. 25/- per day.
- Delay in depositing fees/Installments with is stipulated time period Rs. 100/- per day will be charged.
Midterm test and Assignment
- One or two midterm test along with assignment test will be conducted in each semester which is a part of the internal assessment in final grading of the semester.
- The student must ensure that their attendance in each subject must be above 75%.
- In case of shortage their candidature will be withheld and they won’t be able to appear in annual examination.
Student will be required to wear the prescribed dress on all working days except one day as decided by college authority and notified in the notice board. It shall consist of shirt and trouser for boys (kamees & Salwar for girls). Girls will have the option of wearing either trouser of salwar kamees.
Note: Fine @ Rs.25/- per day will be charged for not wearing the prescribed dress.